Brighten up those winter nights of reading with a little sunshine tucked into your book. Make a sun bookmark today!
What you need:
Sun bookmark template (download here)
Glue stick or other glue
1. Print out the template (download here)
2. Cut out the yellow part
3. Cut out the sun ray section (see where the template says “cut”)
4. Fold the sun face over backwards and make a defined crease
5. Glue under the sun face and fold into place
6. Now your yellow shape should look like this!
7. Fold the right “ear” forward toward you
8. Make a defined crease
9. Glue the white part that you just folded over
10. Fold the sun part over the freshly glued section to form a square
11. Just one part left!
12. Glue the top portion of the sun rays (leaving just the jagged rays unglued)
13. Tuck the rays up into the bookmark and press down to glue it to the backside of the sun face
14. Save your place in your current book with your brand new sun bookmark! Happy reading!
Less than two weeks to Christmas! How’d that happen?!? Get out and enjoy stores’ extended hours of shopping, then schedule in a little live music and other fun too!
Friday, December 12:
Ultra Mega Mega (Art Show) at Luther College: There is no Magic
The Jim Miller and Dave Christopherson Duo, Hotel Winn Lobby, 6-9 pm, free!
Joe and Vicki Price, Safe House Saloon, Lansing
Little Big Town, Mayo Civic Center Auditorium, Rochester, MN, 7:30 pm
Mavis Staples & Blind Boys of Alabama, Gallagher Bluedorn, Cedar Falls
Saturday, December 13:
Cookie Walk and Holiday Fun! Bluff Country Artist Gallery, Spring Grove, MN, 9 am
Humane Society of Northeast Iowa Open House, Decorah, 11 am – 2 pm
Mike Munson & The Old Fashioneds, Trempealeau Hotel
Joe and Vicki Price, Ed’s No Name Bar, Winona
Dead Horses CD Release with Soul Low, The Root Note, La Crosse, 8 pm
Pieta Brown & The Pines, The Englert, Iowa City, 8 pm
Sunday, December 14:
Children’s Museum of La Crosse $1 Off Sundays!
Holiday Lights Drive Through Light Show! Decorah Campground, 5:30-9 pm