It’s Nordic Fest in Decorah! But, of course, life outside the crater does go on…here’s a fun list of what’s happening in Decorah AND around the Driftless. Have a happy #wheekend, friends!
It rainy here in Decorah this Friday, so here are some dry-ish Nordic Fest ideas for you!
• Visit Vesterheim Museum (trunk shows, demonstrations, and more!)
• Check out the Arts and Crafts Center in the Decorah Middle School (405 Winnebago, 9 am – 4 pm)
• Pop in and out of Decorah businesses for fun shopping!
• Buy your Nordic Fest program and button at the Chamber/CVB for a chance to win $500!
• Visit the artists and friends at the ArtHaus Art Fair!
• Ride the Decorah Trolley (12pm-5pm). See drop off/pick up points in the Nordic Fest program.
• Catch an Oneota Film Festival screening at the Bethania Church near Vesterheim
• Indoor live music! Sister at Carrie Lee School Auditorum (3 pm)
• Visit the Porter House Museum
• Tour the Locust School (1-4 pm)
Now, on to the #wheekend! July 24-26, 2015:
Friday, July 24:
Friday Night Live Farmers Market, Driftless Area Wetlands Centre, Marquette, IA, 4-7 pm
Fatbook Funk Band, the Root Note, La Crosse, 8:45 pm
On Canopy 5 at Nordic Fest: Miles Adams Band (5 pm) & the Cory Farley Band (8 pm)
People Brothers Band, The Haymarket, Decorah, 10 pm
Saturday, July 25:
Enjoy Nordic Fest! No Winneshiek Farmers Market this morning!
Dino Day, Driftless Area Wetlands Centre, Marquette, 9am-5pm
WORLD’S LARGEST SCHOTTISCHE! Register! Official count is at 8:50 pm; Foot Notes start at 7:30 pm.
Four Legg Fish & Moon Chicken, the Root Note, La Crosse, 8:45 pm
Finding Nemo, Movies on the Plaza, Rochester, 9 pm
The Heavy Set / General B & the Wiz, Eds (no name) Bar, Winona, 9 pm
Pistol Whippin Party Penguins, The Haymarket, Decorah, 10 pm
Nordic Fest Fireworks! Decorah, 10 pm
On Canopy 5 at Nordic Fest: Gaelstorm (5 pm) & AudioDrive (8 pm)
Sunday, July 26:
FWD Movement Sunday Ride! All riders from beginner to experienced are invited to check out Decorah mountain bike trails. 5 pm. Registration online!
All (or most of the) wheekend:
ArtHaus Summer Art Fair, Fri/Sat
Sister, Carrie Lee School Auditorium, Decorah, Fri/Sat, 3 pm
Only a couple more weeks left to check out Great River Shakespeare Festival in Winona!