September 2018! Fall! Toot, toot! Sweaters, marching bands, hot cider, baking…so many things to love about fall. And so many fun things to do! Start your planning with this handy-dandy September 2018 calendar (you can download the pdf here). Have a great fall, friends! XO, Inspire(d)
LOOKING FOR MORE DETAILS ABOUT EVENTS ON THE CALENDARS?
Check out these great September 2018 activities! In chronological order, each event’s number coincides with its number on the calendar!
1. September 1: Tomato Tasting! Sample dozens of tomatoes at Seed Savers Exchange. Plus, enjoy garden and cooking demonstrations, hayrides, and a salsa contest. FREE. 12-4pm www.seedsavers.org
2. September 8: Luna Valley Pizza Farm 1st Anniversary Celebration! Music from Dead Horses and Driftless Sisters. Gates open 5:45pm, Show 7pm. No BYOB. Advance tickets $15 at Oneota Co-op or at lunavalleyfarm.com/events
3. September 8: Root River Trail Towns Taste of the Trail – Lanesboro, Peterson & Whalan: 10am-3pm – Pedal your way through bluff country and enjoy events at each community’s trailhead. Info: www.rootrivertrail.org
4. September 15: Root River Trail Towns ‘Taste of the Trail’ – Harmony, Preston & Fountain: 10am-3pm – Pedal your way through bluff country and enjoy events at each community’s trailhead. Info: www.rootrivertrail.org
5. September 15: TRI out Reefuel’s unique take on triathlon: Cycling, core strengthening and yoga! Class begins at 8am. Guaranteed challenge and FUN! Limited spots: register at www.reefuel.biz
6. September 22: Root River Trail Towns Taste of the Trail Houston & Rushford Area: 10am-3pm – Pedal your way through bluff country and enjoy events at each community’s trailhead. Info: www.rootrivertrail.org
7. September 23: Upstart Crow Theatreworks presents “The Cemetery Walk” Tours leave every 15 minutes, 2-4pm, Phelps Cemetery, Decorah. $10/$5. More info: arthausdecorah.org. Proceeds benefit Porter House Museum
8. September 29: Seeds + Cider! Join the Iowa Natural Heritage Foundation for a fall prairie seed harvest at Heritage Valley (rural Waukon). RSVP – www.inhf.org/events or 515-288-1846, ext. 35
9. September 29: Live On Water Street! Enjoy a community celebration featuring music, food from the Oneota Coop, local beer, and family fun for all ages. 300 Block, downtown Decorah, 3-8pm. Details on Facebook.
10. September 30: NE IA Farm Crawl – Luna Valley Pizza! As you tour the gravels, be sure to stop out for some pizza to fuel your adventure. Open 11am-3pm. Rural Decorah. www.lunavalleyfarm.com