10KSB Decorah Itinerary!
10KSB Decorah Itinerary – Friday September 15 & Saturday September 16
Here’s a link to a map of the 10KSB businesses you can visit, as well a pin for Toppling Goliath for our Day 2 event!
Friday, September 15, 3-5 pm, Impact Coffee – Happy Hour!
Friday night on-your-own activities:
- Grab dinner at one of our great restaurants in town!
- Sock Hop + Vintage Vehicles in front of Sugar Bowl Ice Cream on Water St, 6-9 pm
- Decorah Pride Drag Show at T-Bock’s Upstairs, 7 pm (advance tickets needed)
Saturday in Decorah – have an on-your-own 10KSB morning!
- Coffee & Bagel at Impact Coffee, owned by Sean Brown, Cohort 8
- Pick up an Inspire(d) – owned by Aryn Henning Nichols, Cohort 7 – and read about the community while you enjoy your breakfast!
Shop Decorah 10KSB
- Rendered Unique, owned by Jamie Gavle, Cohort 9
- Cardboard Robot, owned by Eric Sovern, Cohort 8
- The Getup, owned by Lisa Lantz, Cohort 7
- Have an ice cream snack at Sugar Bowl, owned by Nathan Todd, Cohort 8
- Take a walk around town and see a Driftless Gardens landscape – owned by Jeff Scott, Cohort 9 – at Dry Run Plaza on the corner of Water St. and Riverside Ave
- Grab some Sogo meat sticks – owned by Dan Bellrichard, Cohort 1 – and have an adventure!
- Hike the trails at Dunning’s Spring, Twin Springs, Palisades or Phelps Park (and many other places!)
- Bike the Trout Run Trail (it’s 11 miles – some challenging). Rent a bike at Decorah Bicycles. (E-bikes available!)
- Tube (might be too cold), canoe, or kayak the Upper Iowa River
- Head just north of town to explore Seed Savers Heritage Farm
- Feed the fish & see Siewers Spring at the Decorah Fish Hatchery
- Check out the awesome Vesterheim Museum (and brand new building)
Tour Toppling Goliath, then have dinner! 4 pm
Other fun Decorah events happening Saturday
- Decorah Farmers Market – corner of Heivly and River, 8-11 am
- ArtHaus Rainbow Run 5K Fun Run – 8 am (register here)
- Decorah Pride – parade at 3 pm, party in park (Water St.) 3:30, dance party (Pulpit Rock Brewery) at 8 pm
- Driftless Vintage Market, Decorah Elk’s Lodge (River St.), 10am-6pm (with music from the all vinyl DJ Skintight Disco)
- Live Music – J. Jeffery Messerole at Impact, 7:30 pm
- See Visit Decorah website for more great ideas!
When you’re out and about, take selfies or pictures at all of the places you visit and hashtag #Iowa10KSB and #VisitDecorah – it will be fun to see what y’all do in this gorgeous part of Iowa! We can’t wait to host you!
See you soon! <3 – the Decorah 10KSB alumni
Jamie Gavle, Rendered Unique – Cohort 9
Jeff Scott, Driftless Gardens- Cohort 9
Sean Brown, Impact Coffee- Cohort 8
Eric Sovern, Cardboard Robot- Cohort 8
Nathan Todd, Sugar Bowl- Cohort 8
Aryn Henning Nichols, Inspire(d) Media- Cohort 7
Lisa Lantz, The Getup- Cohort 7
Dan Bellrichard, Sogo Snacks- Cohort 1